Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Logan lacrosse captain out with injury


Logan High lacrosse captain Jeffery Spach will be out for the next four weeks with a knee injury that he suffered against Syracuse High earlier this season.

Spach, who has appeared in all six games this season, currently leads the Grizzlies this year with 19 points and is second on the team with 23 ground balls, averaging 3.17 points per game.  

“Spach is a big part of our team, we are going to miss him,” said Logan High head coach Clay Christoffersen. “It‘s tough to see one of our seniors go down like this, and we already don’t have a lot of depth on the midfield line.”

Spach described the injury as a partial tear in his left knee muscles and micro fractures in both his tibia and femur.

“I was very worried that it was going to be an ACL tear, so when I found out that it wasn’t, and surgery wasn’t necessary I was very relieved,” Spach said. “On the other hand I’m sad that I will miss so many games of my senior year.”

Spach has been a starting midfielder for the Grizzlies since his sophomore season and according to Christoffersen has been a key member of the team all year.

“I mean obviously the stats show how good Jeff is, but I think we are going to miss his experience and leadership the most out on the field,” Christoffersen said.

Spach said that even though the situation is not ideal he is still trying to help his teammates by going to practice every day and helping them learn the game.

“This is my second year being captain and I am just trying to be a leader even though I can’t be out there with them,” Spach said. “I am just trying to help them be the best players that they can be.”

Spach is expected to be back on the field on April 29th in the Grizzlies home finale against Cache Valley rival Mountain Crest.


No comments:

Post a Comment