Monday, April 13, 2015

Logan goaltender making most of his opportunity to play

It was almost certain that Bryan Hamblin would be the junior varsity lacrosse goalie for Logan High this upcoming season, but due to some unexpected injuries to the returning starter Kendall Anderson, Hamblin is getting a chance to showcase his abilities at the varsity level.

Hamblin has been a member of the Logan High lacrosse team since he was a freshman, and after a short stint as an attack-man as a freshman, he made the transition to goalie as a sophomore and decided to stick with that position.

“I didn’t think I was going to be playing varsity this year,” Hamblin said. “When I heard Kendall wasn’t going to play this year I knew that I would have a good chance to be the starter.”

As a sophomore Hamblin saw action in two varsity games and gave up 10 goals and his save percentage was 37 percent.

“He has really improved from last season,” said Logan High head coach Clay Christoffersen. “His progress has been impressive; he has really helped the team be competitive this year and we are extremely proud.”

Hamblin is coming off his statistically best game of the season where he faced 24 shots against the Bonneville Lakers and made 13 saves.

“Hamblin really made some huge saves against Bonneville,” Christoffersen said. “He kept us in the game. He keeps getting better and better as the season goes along and that’s important.”

So far this season Hamblin has allowed six goals a game, made 56 saves and is saving 56 percent of the shots he is facing.

“I’m just trying to get better each game,” Hamblin said. “I feel like I am so much better than I was last year, I just want to help my team win games.”


No comments:

Post a Comment