Saturday, April 11, 2015

Jorden Hansen de-commits from Concordia University


Local Logan High lacrosse player Jorden Hansen has de-committed from Concordia University in Wisconsin after verbally committing to the school this past fall. He is now undecided on where he will play his college lacrosse following his senior season this year.

Hansen, who is just recently coming off a three goal, one assist performance against the Bonneville Lakers, said that it just didn’t feel right going out there and he will most likely be looking for an opportunity to stay and play here in Utah.

“I just decided that it wasn’t the best place for me,” Hansen said. “I decided not to go because I wanted to stay closer to home and it was getting a little expensive. Nothing against Concordia it just wasn’t a good fit for me.”

Hansen said that Utah State University is his top choice right now and he hasn't started to look at any other schools as of yet.

“I am just focused on my senior season right now,” Hansen said. “We’ll see what happens, but right now I am just enjoying the time I have left in high school.”

According to his fellow teammate Jeffery Spach, whichever school he chooses will get a quality player and teammate.

“He has been a good player all four years at Logan,” Spach said. “I've enjoyed our time together at Logan High. I wish him the best of luck wherever he ends up going.”

In his two years as a starter for the Grizzlies Hansen has recorded 36 goals, eight assists and picked up 66 ground balls in 19 games. Hansen still has at least six more games this season to add to his numbers and maybe more if Logan makes a run in the playoffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment